My biggest yearnings since childhood have been deep intimacy and empowerment, stemming from my mother’s difficulties in being emotionally present and my father’s sexual molestation. As a child, my fear and anger didn’t get heard, but my sadness did. I learned of a deep listening that can settle big emotions inside of us, that can create a powerful sense of peace and connection. Knowing this existed, I walked out into the world in search for more of that, for myself and others. The search led me to many challenging and beautiful places, among them living in the spiritual ecovillage of Findhorn, running groups on intimacy or sexually abused women, or training as Strategic Intervention Life Coach.
Becoming a mother took my quest into a whole new dimension. Re-living all of my childhood pain was made particularly difficult because none of the personal growth tools I had acquired so far seemed to apply. Aware Parenting provided the missing link between what I already knew about inner growth and healing, and what my children were bringing up inside of me; eventually I became an Aware Parenting Instructor, too.
As the children reached adolescence, with its common challenges around connection and power, my two biggest childhood issues around connection and empowerment were brought up to the forefront again. Looking at the world with a heightened sensitivity around these themes I saw that they are, actually, at the core of every human interaction. Delving into Nonviolent Communication seemed to complete a cycle in my search. I gathered wisdom from all of my life’s learning experiences and put together a method that helps people navigate their way through every relational challenge in their lives, be it in the relationship with themselves, others or the world.
Aware Parenting Instructor Mentoring Course, Marion Rose online course, March to December 2015
Strategic Intervention Life Coach, Robbins-Madanes Training Centre, May 2011 to March 2015
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, University of Barcelona, 1993 to 1996
Workshop Assistant Training, Human Awareness Institute, 27 and 28 July 2004
Open Assistant Training, Human Awareness Institute, 26 June 2005
Group Discovery Games Training, Findhorn Foundation, 3 March 2003
Personal life passionate learning:
- The work of Alfie Kohn around changing the current education models
- The work of Marshall Rosenberg in Nonviolent Communication
- Focusing, Somatic Experiencing, Hakomi (somatic based healing)
- 5 Rhythms, Biodanza and Authentic Movement and tai chi
- Tantra with the School of Awakening
- Family constellations and the energy-healing work of Barbara Brennan
- ‘Love, Sex and Intimacy’ workshops with the Human Awareness Institute
- Learning daily about community dynamics while living in the renowned Findhorn community for seven years, among them ‘The forum’, used as a powerful conflict resolution tool for groups
- Transactional Analysis, The Work of Byron Katie, NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming)